Job Description: Athletics Department
Title: Athletic Sales Associate
Occupation Status: Part-Time/ Hourly
Work Schedule: Mon.-Sun; 20-35 hours to include Days, Evenings, and Weekends
Assist customers in the purchase of athletic equipment and apparel
Education: High school
Experience: General knowledge of various athletic sports such as Baseball/Softball, Football, Wrestling, Basketball, Lacrosse, Track, Soccer, etc
• Ability to relate effectively on a professional level with all members of the Erie Sport Store.
• Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
• Proficiency in English
• Solid communication and interpersonal skills
• Must have a confident disposition, be polite, helpful and be able to treat others with respect
• Must have knowledge of inventory techniques
• Must maintain smart attire and appearance
• Ability to multitask
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Be able to fit and sell a variety of athletic equipment and apparel, as well as steam/re-string Baseball/Softball gloves
2. Build positive customer relationships by remaining knowledgeable on products offered and discussing available options with the customers in order to advise them on the different types of athletic equipment & apparel, proper equipment care, and to answer their questions concerning location, price, and use of merchandise
3. Stock merchandise; which includes putting stamps, marks, or price tags on merchandise.
4. Understanding of brands pricing & MAP policies
5. Team up with co-workers to ensure proper customer service
6. Report problems and discrepancies to the supervisor
7. Answer the phone
8. Dusts, Vacuums, Straightens merchandise displays and racks for their area.