Job Description: Cashiers
Occupation Status: Part-Time/ Hourly
Work Schedule: Mon.-Sun; 20-35 hours including Days, Evenings, and Weekends
Process customer transactions through the cash register
Education: High school
Experience: General math knowledge
• Ability to relate effectively on a professional level with all members of the Erie Sport Store.
• Math and English Proficiency
• Basic Computer knowledge and familiarity with electronic equipment (e.g. cash register, scanners, money counters etc)
• Solid communication and interpersonal skills
• Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
• Must have a confident disposition, be polite, helpful, and be able to treat others with respect
• Must maintain smart attire and appearance
• Ability to multitask
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Process merchandise sales which include calculating sales discount, totaling bill, processing cash and credit payments, making cash change, and bag merchandise for customers.
2. Sets up advertising displays or arranges merchandise on counters or tables to promote sales.
3. Answers customer's questions concerning location, price, and use of merchandise in any area of the store
4. Team up with co-workers to ensure proper customer service
5. Report problems and discrepancies to the supervisor
6. Answer the phone
7. Maintain a clean checkout area and restock register supplies.