Updated As of July 20th, 2015.
We use, collect and disclose your information consistent with the Policy, as updated from time to time, and you consent to such use, collection and disclosure by your use of our: (1) website; (2) Internet Marketing Connections; and (3) marketing programs (e.g., loyalty card programs). If you do not agree to the policy as described here please exit and do not use the ESS website or Internet Marketing Connections.
We receive information that you voluntarily provide to us when you: (1) make a purchase; (2) apply for a license (e.g., hunting, fishing, etc.) or conduct a similar type transaction; (3) contact us via any customer service method; (4) submit user-generated content (via our websites, Internet Marketing Connections or otherwise); (5) participate in customer research, surveys, sweepstakes or promotions; or (6) otherwise communicate information to us.
Some information that we collect can be considered "personal information." and can include your name, mailing address, e-mail address, driver's license number, social security number, credit card information (and related payment information, permit numbers, and/or telephone number.
The collection of certain types of information may be necessary and/or required for government compliance (e.g., hunting, fishing or firearms licensing or purchasing).
Additionally, we may receive personal information and other information that you provide on behalf of others or that others provide on behalf of you, including gift recipients, online registrations/purchases, or in-store pick-up. We may also receive personal information and other information from sources assisting us with updating, improving and/or analyzing our records or with detecting fraud or theft. Additionally, we may receive information from various consumer reporting agencies and related service providers.
We may collect information through “Cookies” and other related automated means (collectively, "On-line Technologies"). Cookies are text files sent to your computer, tablet, or smart phone as you visit our website or utilize our Internet Marketing Connections and saved on your device via your browser or hard drive.
Information we collect via On-line Technologies includes internet protocol address(es), operating system(s) and browser specifics of your device, device characteristics, geographic information, user ID(s), and specifics regarding your interactions with (i.e., the path you take through) our website and our Internet Marketing Connections.
The use of Information from On-Line Technologies enables the tailoring of advertisements and offers specifically for you. In addition to such tailoring, we use On-Line Technologies to ensure that our internet presence operates correctly and efficiently for you, to evaluate the use and benefit of such presence, and to support our website and our Internet Marketing Connections.
We may enable third parties to collect information in connection with our website. This Policy does not apply to, and we are not responsible for, any collection of information by third parties on our Websites.
You have a choice
We may contact you to respond to an inquiry, regarding transactions and for transactional purposes (e.g., recalls, product information and service/reminder notices
Based upon your visit(s) to our website and elsewhere on the Internet and your interaction with our Internet Marketing Connections, we may personalize your experience via our website and via our Internet Marketing Connections. However, you have choices relating to how your device interacts with our website and our Internet Marketing Connections. You may choose to access our website and our Internet Marketing Connections without accepting Cookies on your device(s), and you may opt-out or modify certain elements that are tailored to you and served to you based upon your browsing history.
If you choose to restrict any Information Technologies, you may access our website and Internet Marketing Connections, but you will NOT be able to take full advantage of certain features. Please note, even if you choose to restrict, opt-out or modify, you may still see or receive ESS advertisements, but the advertisements will not be based upon your browsing history.
How We Use Your Information
We do not sell, rent, or trade your Personal Information to third parties. We will only share your information in ways that are consistent with this Policy, as disclosed at the time of collection, and in the following ways:
1. Fulfilling, delivering and communicating with you regarding requests for information and orders for products and/or services.
2. Maintaining our loyalty card program,
3. Processing credit cards, payments, and fraud prevention.
4. Administering surveys, sweepstakes, contests or promotions.
6. Providing customer service.
7. Conducting research and analysis.
8. Alerting you to product, service and promotional information, including product recalls.
9. Helping us to improve our products, services, website, and other internet connections
10. To advertise our products and services to you
11. Protecting the security our store, website, Internet Marketing Connections, and overall business practices.
In doing so, we:
1. May combine certain personal information, customer information, and information collected online and offline, including information collected from third parties;
2. Will retain such information as needed to provide you products/services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements as we deem reasonably necessary.
How We Share Your Information
We will only share your information in ways that are consistent with this Policy, as disclosed at the time of collection, and in the following ways:
1. With third party businesses and service providers that assist with our business operations, such as shipping vendors, billing vendors, payment card processors, marketing and research vendors and various companies that work with us to improve or provide our products and services and our data integrity. We are not involved in the day-to-day operations of these businesses and providers; however, our agreements typically obligate them to use reasonable methods to keep your personal information safe and secure, and not use your personal information for purposes other than providing their services.
2. As we deem necessary, in the event (or partial event) of a corporate sale (asset or stock), merger, reorganization, change in corporate control, acquisition, insolvency, bankruptcy or similar event.
3. Specifically, certain personal information, in connection with various co-branded, warranty, delivery/assembly and/or financial products or services.
4. To comply with applicable law or reasonable request based upon governmental regulation, court order, subpoena or similar related action.
5. As necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of ESS, our customers, our associates or others, to prevent harm or loss, or in connection with an investigation or suspected or actual unlawful activity.
We use a variety of security measures to help protect your information and online transactions with us. Our website utilizes encryption technology to protect your information that we transport across the internet.
While we cannot guarantee your information will not be accessible by unauthorized individuals, we use multiple security controls in an attempt to mitigate such risks.
Our Websites are "general audience" websites and are not directed toward children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13 without expressed parental consent. If we learn that someone under the age of 13 has provided personal information to our website, we will use reasonable efforts to remove such information from our databases.
Third Party Links
Our website and our Internet Connections may link to other sites that we do not control. These other sites are governed by their own privacy policies. Please be sure to review these privacy policies when visiting such sites. We are not responsible for the content of privacy practices of third parties' sites.
We may, from time to time, update and revise this Policy. Please periodically check this Policy for any updates or revisions. In the event we make a material change to how we use your information, we will provide you with advance notice and the opportunity to opt-out of such use.